Pardalote Holt

Pardalote Holt
The centre of it all

Monday, September 20, 2010

A beginning

7-years ago we moved to Pardalote Holt.  A house that we had built on a saddle between two foothills of Mount Tamborine on the Gold Coast hinterland.  Having lived most of my life in the UK I have been used to smaller gardens, gardens in which you could squeeze a small vegetable plot, a couple of flower beds and if I was really lucky a garden pond. Now I have acreage, 19 acres to be precise, and mostly covered with gum trees. My reason for writing this blog is to make a record of my attempts to manage the acreage and in particular the smaller area around the house where I am busy developing a wildlife garden.  My aim is to create an areas that birds and animals will be drawn to so that they can feed in peace and my family, friends and I can watch the secret nature that would otherwise remain hidden in the bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment